Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday

New bits from this week
-I started listening to an audiobook this week! I love podcasts, but I cannot remember the last time I listened to a book. (I actually have recorded myself reading several books and passages for my students though!) I am using an audible.com free month subscription to listen to "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running" by Haruki Murakami. I have never heard of him or read anything by him but I hope I can listen to this while running! 

-I now have a passcode on my phone. It is making me angry! I figured out how to get it to set to not lock after 15 minutes but I am OVER IT. 
-It's my second week receiving the Skimm and I am quite happy about it! We don't have cable and the Kalamazoo Gazette is great but not my style for local and world news. (For those who don't know, it's a daily email system Mon-Thurs that gives you the lowdown. 


-We took the plunge and got the Costco membership! We went once for groceries and yesterday Monica and I went sampling. Definitely liked trying all the different foods, aha! 
So official

-Kalamazoo also took a snow day last Tuesday! My mentor teacher, the teens, and I were all PUMPED! 
Went to get hot cocoa with Jbird


Links I liked

-Top 5 Procrastination Behaviors + What They Say About You from mindbodygreen
-Petfinder. Enough said. Gabe needs a new brother or sister! (Jae is weirdly obsessed with finding a rescue that looks like Gabe. I am ambivalent on whether Gabe and the new dog look similar..)
-I believe, sort of by Because of Jackie. I enjoy reading about all different types of views that people have on religion. 


Also, it's not linked to anything, but here are some great compliments

COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE 

1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people.


PEACE OUT

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what awesome ideas for lifting those up around us with words that are meant to empower…I need to write these down!

    ReplyDelete